Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Christmas Decorations

In the past few days, my wife has been pestering me to get the Christmas decorations out of the attic. Apparently, she was raised to believe that everyone must "Deck the Halls" the day after Thanksgiving! (We won't breech the subject of in-law sanity in this post) In my family, we were lucky to get the tree up before Christmas Eve! (Please don't think I have any less skepticism about my own family's sanity) Somewhere there has to be either a surrender or compromise. What should I do? What is the social acceptable norm for putting up Christmas decorations. If it was up to Wal-Mart, I should have put up a lighted, giant size, blow up snow globe in my front yard, the week after Labor Day! That's not going to happen! So offer a guy in a predicament some help....PLEASE!

1 comments:

Laurie said...

OK, right after Labor Day or even Halloween is too early, you're right. But the WEEKEND after Thanksgiving is when you must bite the bullet big guy. Chuck got off lucky, he was out of town but the tree will go this week. Now I just gotta figure out how to get lights on the outside again!!!